July 16, 2021
Fertility Treatment Update – 16th July 2021
With the easing of UK Covid-19 restrictions on 19th July 2021, we want to reassure both current and new patients that all our clinics remain open, fully operational and treatments are continuing as usual with our existing TFP Covid-19 protocols in place.
If you have any questions, do get in touch with us.
OUR COVID SAFETY MEASURES INCLUDE:
- Video consultations– we have introduced virtual consultations, counselling and nurse consents to reduce footfall in the clinic during the COVID-19 pandemic. Face to face consultations (with face coverings) can be undertaken if necessary.
- Face masks – All patients, visitors and staff should wear face coverings when entering the clinic and when in patient areas of a TFP clinic. Reception staff need to wear a face covering unless there is a screen separating them from visitors. Our staff will also be wearing the applicable personal protective equipment (PPE) dependent on the procedures that they are undertaking.
- Reception– you will be met at reception by one of our staff, with a SMILE (no handshakes!). They will ask you about any symptoms, request that you use the gel to clean your hands then take your temperature.
- Moving about in the clinic– you will then be directed to your appointment. Please adhere to social distancing of two metres where possible. Our staff will be wearing PPE, but again always with a SMILE.
- Cleaning– a rigorous cleaning programme remains in place between appointments, as well as throughout the day in the clinic. Inside the clinic, the cleaning programme pays particular attention to handrails, door handles, toilets and areas with a high touchpoint.
- Hand sanitiser stations – these are available throughout the clinic.
- Partners – partners are permitted to attend for the following appointments: egg collection, embryo transfer and pregnancy scans.
Visit our COVID-19 and Fertility Treatment Information Hub – AVAILABLE HERE
If you are in self-isolation, develop a persistent new cough or a fever, please do not come to the clinic. Contact NHS 111 if you are unsure more guidance is AVAILABLE HERE
HFEA patient information – AVAILABLE HERE
UK Government advice is AVAILABLE HERE
Royal College of Obstetricians and Gynaecologists pregnancy advice is AVAILABLE HERE